Good evening! I don’t know about you, but I could really enjoy a good character dining experience for dinner tonight! Since we are 1,150 miles away, that can’t happen unfortunately! So instead, I decided to share my thoughts on Chef Mickey’s Character Dinner Buffet with you.
Chef Mickey’s Character Dinner Buffet at the Contemporary Resort
Located by the Contemporary Resort, Chef Mickey’s has a wonderful character dinner buffet. This buffet features your favorite disney pals Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. At Chef Mickey’s each character will stop by your table for a few minutes for pictures and autographs. Make sure you have your camera ready as each character may only come by once during your dining experience. While you are awaiting the arrival of your next character, the contemporary American style buffet options are limitless ranging from starters like seasonal salads, tomato/mozzarella, and shrimp to entrees such as Prime Rib, Baked Salmon and kids Mac and Cheese. (Don’t worry, the adults can have that too!) Don’t forget dessert, with tons of options all included in your meal. One of Brad’s favorites is the make your own sundae bar! I’ll let you in on a little secret too, Chef Mickey’s is one of few restaurants where you can order “Cinderella’s Slipper” dessert.
This buffet is great for a once and a while treat, or if you have never been to Chef Mickey’s. Dis Adventures recommends Chef Mickey’s for those who love the characters and value magical character moments that you may not find at the busy parks.
Now that you’re convinced and want to go to Chef Mickey’s heres what you should know…
Before you go
- Cost: $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)
- Dining Plan: 1 Disney Dining Plan, 1 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
- Location: Contemporary Resort, within walking distance from Magic Kingdom. Also accessible by monorail or bus.
- Make reservations as soon as possible, this is one of those restaurants that are hard to get!
- While waiting to be seated, you are able to take a picture at the PhotoPass location. Reminder, even if you don’t get the Memory Maker, you can always take photos and look at them later. Also – Don’t be afraid to ask the photographer to use your camera!
- Wait times differ, we typically arrive early for our reservations. Last time we went to Chef Mickey’s we only had to wait 15 minutes!
Character Dining Experience
- Try to make sure there aren’t any characters close by when you go to the buffet… you don’t want to miss anyone!
- BRING YOUR CAMERA! There is not a PhotoPass photographer with the characters.
- Sometimes there is a cast member with the characters, you can always ask them to take a group picture!
- When the characters come to your table – have a good time! You can relax and not feel rushed because they will spend a few minutes with each table before they move on. The characters like to dance, tell jokes and put on a show. Watch out for Goofy’s mustard!
- Get ready to spin your napkin in the air and dance along with my Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald!
Chef Mickey’s is fun and has a great selection of food with minimal service. The waiters will bring you over to your table, let you know what direction the characters are coming from, and bring your drinks. You do the rest, the food is unlimited and you can go up to the buffet and get as many plates as you would like. We suggest to make sure you time your plates so that you don’t miss a character greeting, because the character’s are the main reason you go to Chef Mickey’s in the first place! This is one of the more expensive dining experiences due to the atmosphere and characters. At times it can get a little loud or feel crowded, as people are going up to get there food or standing up to take pictures with characters.
Check out our latest Chef Mickey’s Vlog!
Here are some of my favorite magical moments: