In 2016, we went to Disney World twice – in August and December. These were some of the valuable lessons we learnt:
- Cast Member Lani taught us that every time you are at Disney, you are celebrating something – even if you don’t realize it. So just learn to celebrate the magic.
- Disney isn’t just a place you visit, it’s a lifestyle and a home to many others. So enjoy the Disney family, don’t be afraid to DisneyBound and express yourself through your Disney experiences.
- Speak up if something’s not right. The cast members don’t realize something is wrong unless you say something. So when you explain to them an issue, they will do everything they can to make it right. Which usually involves calling on Tinkerbell to sprinkle some fairy dust.
- You don’t need to rush through Disney. Take a step back, look at the small things. Decide to spend the day looking for hidden Mickey’s as you stroll through Animal Kingdom. Embrace all the details that surround you.
- For those of you who are major planners, like myself, sometimes you have to live on the edge, plan for the unexpected — or better yet don’t plan at all! Some of the best reservations and fast passes become available at midnight the night before. And sometimes the busses aren’t running on time, so rearrange your schedule once and a while – it may work out better than you expected!
Do you agree? What have you learnt on your past Disney trips? Share in the comments!